|Purpose:||Applying ‘School Climate Model’ in a school and identifying strengths and weaknesses of the Model to create dissemination strategy|
|Project Partner:||İstanbul Provincial Directorate of National Education|
|Grant Amount:||291.465 TL
||1 December 2019 – 31 March 2021|
School climate is an indicator of how function the dynamics that affects attitudes, perceptions, behaviors, performances and ways of interactions of all stakeholders in a school. These dynamics consist of elements such as trust, belonging, participatory processes, common goal, transparency, respect, taking initiative and justice. The current situation of school can become visible through an in-depth examination of relationships, operational processes and stakeholders' views, behaviors and decisions. In examination studies, defining accurately mentioned elements and mobilizing them play a key role in enhancing the sustainable school climate.
- School Climate Model that was created between 2017-2019 based on studies conducted in Hacı Sabancı Anatolian High School was applied in Borsa İstanbul Başakşehir Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School.
- Informative meetings on school climate study with the participation of all stakeholders in the school were held and school climate team consists of volunteer teachers and students was formed.
- Current situation and needs of the school were identified throughout school climate assessment survey and action plan was prepared accordingly.
- The school climate team designed and applied the actions for enhancing priority areas in cooperation with all stakeholders.
- Project's impact assessment report was prepared.
- Following this second pilot study, guides books were prepared to promote the School Climate Model. A dissemination plan was also prepared for the implementation of the model throughout Turkey.